Become a future leader in surgical education.
Designed to fill a vital role in the future of health care in Australia, this industry-leading program provides an invaluable foundation for teaching our future surgeons to perform safe, surgical practice.
Offered through the Department of Surgery and Austin Health, in partnership with the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), the suite of flexible courses focus on both challenges specific to surgical education and broader education principles to ensure you are equipped to deliver robust medical education.
Whether you’re a surgeon or non-surgeon, if you’re aspiring to pass on your experience and knowledge to the next generation, Surgical Education will give you essential skills to become an expert educator.
As a nested suite of courses designed for versatility, you can choose to transform the Graduate Certificate into a Masters, or start with a Masters and exit early with a Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate.
Compare course options
|Course name||Part-time duration||Total course fee**||Intakes***||Ready to apply?|
|Master of Surgical Education||3 years||AUD$42,622||Summer - January||Apply now|
|Graduate Diploma in Surgical Education||2 years||AUD$27,716||Summer - January||Apply now|
|Graduate Certificate in Surgical Education||1 year||AUD$13,520||Summer - January||Apply now|
*Part-time duration is calculated on the basis of studying one subject per term.
**The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5 per cent per annum. More information about fees.
***View key dates for further important dates and deadlines.
Fees and payments
- Tuition fees are charged yearly and you pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given study period.
- Course fees are the same for both domestic and international students.
- If you're enrolled as an Australian fee paying student, you can pay your course fees up front when you enrol or defer part or all payment through FEE-HELP, a loan scheme that helps eligible students pay all or part of your tuition fees.
Discuss your path
Talk with a dedicated student support consultant to understand more about this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment for subjects
- Fees and payment options.
Speak with a dedicated student support consultant.
Five reasons to study online
- Take classes from anywhere in the world
- Just as real as a bricks and mortar school
- Access the best minds
- Learn from diverse perspectives
- You’ll never feel alone – there’s always support.