Gain new knowledge for a more profound impact.
Designed for practising social workers, the Advanced Social Work program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge, policy and research within this field.
You will address the common complex and growing challenges faced by social workers in the field today, so that you can improve your practice and deepen your impact on individuals and society more broadly.
You can progress from the Specialist Certificate to the Graduate Certificate and finally the Master of Advanced Social Work, or apply directly to the Graduate Certificate and Master awards.
Alternatively, you can undertake the Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science or the Specialist Certificate in Service Navigation.
Compare course options
|Course name||Part-time duration*||Total course fee**||Intakes***||Ready to apply?|
|Master of Advanced Social Work||2 years||AUD$26,994||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work||1 year||AUD$13,280||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Advanced Social Work||6 months||AUD$6,640||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science||6 months||AUD$6,640||April||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Service Navigation||6 months||AUD$6,640||January||Apply now|
*The program will be offered part-time however the request for full-time load will be considered on a term-by-term basis.
**The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5 per cent per annum. More information about fees.
***View key dates for further important dates and deadlines.
Fees and payments
- Tuition fees are charged yearly and you pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given study period.
- Course fees are the same for both domestic and international students.
- If you're enrolled as an Australian fee paying student, you can pay your course fees up front when you enrol or defer part or all payment through FEE-HELP, a loan scheme that helps eligible students pay all or part of your tuition fees.
This course has already enhanced my abilities to perform my job in a more multi-lens perspective and I have only completed three subjects so far. Claire Rachel, Master of Advanced Social Work graduate
Discuss your path
Talk with a dedicated student support consultant to understand more about this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment for subjects
- Fees and payment options.
Speak with a dedicated student support consultant.
Five reasons to study online
- Take classes from anywhere in the world
- Just as real as a bricks and mortar school
- Access the best minds
- Learn from diverse perspectives
- You’ll never feel alone – there’s always support.