Be a champion for meaningful social change.
Designed for those working in the health, mental health and human service fields, the Health and Human Services program will broaden your knowledge and allow you to become an expert in your field.
Whether you are a counsellor, nurse or therapist, you’ll learn to navigate the complex and growing challenges faced by health and human services professionals today, to improve the outcomes of individuals and society more broadly.
You can progress from the Specialist Certificate to the Graduate Certificate and finally the Master of Health and Human Services, or apply directly to the Graduate Certificate and Master awards.
Alternatively, students can undertake the Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science to gain advanced theoretical and technical knowledge in using methods of implementation science in professional practice.
Compare course options
|Course name||Part-time duration*||Total course fee**||Next intake***||Ready to apply?|
|Master of Health and Human Services||2 years||AUD$27,224||January 2020||Apply now|
|Graduate Certificate in Health and Human Services||1 year||AUD$13,280||January 2020||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Health and Human Services||6 months||AUD$6,640||January 2020||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science||6 months||AUD$6,640||January 2020||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Service Navigation||6 months||AUD$6,640||January 2020||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Creativity and Health||6 months||AUD$6,640||April 2020||Apply now|
*The program will be offered part-time however the request for full-time load will be considered on a term-by-term basis.
**The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5 per cent per annum. More information about fees.
***View key dates for further important dates and deadlines.
Fees and payments
- Tuition fees are charged yearly and you pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given study period.
- Course fees are the same for both domestic and international students.
- If you're enrolled as an Australian fee paying student, you can pay your course fees up front when you enrol or defer part or all payment through FEE-HELP, a loan scheme that helps eligible students pay all or part of your tuition fees.
Discuss your path
Talk with a dedicated student support consultant to understand more about this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment for subjects
- Fees and payment options.
Phone: + 61 3 8344 0149
Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm AEST/AEDT
Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm AEST/AEDT.
Five reasons to study online
- Take classes from anywhere in the world
- Just as real as a bricks and mortar school
- Access the best minds
- Learn from diverse perspectives
- You’ll never feel alone – there’s always support.