Most online graduate courses are taught across four terms per year, rather than two semesters. Make sure you are familiar with the key dates.
|Term||Pre-teaching period||Deadline to self enrol||Teaching period||Fee due date||Census date||Last date to withdraw without fail||Assessment period|
|Term 1||29 Jan – 4 Feb||30 Jan||5 Feb – 1 Apr||16 Feb||23 Feb||16 Mar||2 – 8 Apr|
|Term 2||23 – 29 Apr||24 Apr||30 Apr – 24 Jun||11 May||18 May||8 Jun||25 Jun – 1 Jul|
|Term 3||16 – 22 Jul||17 Jul||23 Jul – 16 Sep||3 Aug||10 Aug||31 Aug||17 – 23 Sep|
|Term 4||8 – 14 Oct||9 Oct||15 Oct – 9 Dec||26 Oct||2 Nov||23 Nov||10 – 16 Dec|
|Term 1||28 Jan – 3 Feb||29 Jan||4 Feb – 31 Mar||15 Feb||22 Feb||15 Mar||1 – 7 Apr|
|Term 2||22 – 28 Apr||23 Apr||29 Apr – 23 Jun||10 May||17 May||7 Jun||24 – 30 Jun|
|Term 3||15 –21 Jul||16 Jul||22 Jul – 15 Sep||2 Aug||9 Aug||30 Aug||16 – 22 Sep|
|Term 4||7 – 13 Oct||8 Oct||14 Oct – 8 Dec||25 Oct||1 Nov||22 Nov||9 – 15 Dec|
For Master of Psychiatry dates please see the University Handbook.
- Pre-teaching period: The week before the teaching period. It is recommended that you spend this time familiarising yourself with your subject/s in the LMS and complete readings as required.
- Last date to self enrol: The last date you can enrol in subjects for a specific study period.
- Teaching period: The period in which weekly content is delivered in the LMS.
- Fee due date: The date course fees must be received by the University. If you are paying by bank transfer, please note funds must be cleared by the fee due date which can take up to 7 days. Non-payment or late payment may result in your access to your subject/s in the LMS being revoked.
- Census date: The last day to withdraw from a subject, or apply for a leave of absence or course withdrawal, without financial liability. Census dates may be different for each subject. You can review census dates by checking the subject entry in the University Handbook.
- Last date to withdraw without fail: The last day to withdraw from a subject without incurring a fail grade.
- Assessment period: Final assessment/s should be completed during or before this period.
Online chat: Click the blue chat icon at the bottom right of this page
Phone: +61 3 8344 0149
Opening hours: Mon to Fri 8am–9pm, Sat & Sun and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am–5pm AEST/AEDT