To apply for the Specialist Certificate in Sports Medicine, applicants must have completed:
- a bachelor degree or equivalent in the discipline of Physiotherapy, Medicine, Podiatry, Exercise Science or another relevant discipline; and
- at least three years of documented practice experience in clinical sport or health.
Meeting these requirements does not guarantee selection.
In ranking applicants, the Selection Committee will consider:
- prior academic performance; and
- professional work experience.
Additional information on entry requirements
The Selection Committee will evaluate the applicant’s ability to pursue successfully the course using the following criteria. Applicants must have:
- Minimum 3-year level 7 qualification (Bachelor degree or equivalent) in the discipline of Medicine, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, or another relevant clinical discipline.
The course is clinical in nature and assumes prior knowledge in subject areas including anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, kinesiology, differential diagnosis and injury management. The selection committee reserves the right to make decisions on degrees that meet these requirements:
- Minimum 3 years post-qualifying professional practice experience in the sporting, sports injury prevention, differential diagnosis and athlete injury management context.
The course requires students to draw upon professional practice experience and specific case scenarios in lessons and assessments and therefore substantial post-qualifying experience is necessary to succeed in the course.
If you are not sure if you are eligible you are encouraged to submit your application for assessment or contact our student support team.
The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Academic Board rules on the use of selection instruments.
Applicants are required to satisfy the University’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7 is required.
Students taking the course from overseas are not required to have an international student visa.
Most courses have multiple intakes per year. Check the dates of upcoming terms.
Discuss your eligibility
Speak with a dedicated online student support consultant to clarify any questions about entry requirements, including prior academic performance and professional experience.