To apply for the Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work, you are required to have:
- An entry to practice social work qualification, which provides eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (or equivalent)
- At least two years of documented relevant work experience; and
- A 500 word personal statement outlining your motivations for undertaking the course.
You must also nominate a professional referee from whom a report may be sought.
Meeting these requirements makes you eligible for selection but does not guarantee selection.
In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- The personal statement; and, if relevant
- Professional work experience.
The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Student Application and Selection Procedure.
Applicants are required to satisfy the University’s English language requirements for postgraduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 7 is required.
Students taking the course from overseas are not required to have an international student visa.
Most courses have multiple intakes per year. Check the dates of upcoming terms.
Discuss your eligibility
Speak with a dedicated online student support consultant to clarify any questions about entry requirements, including prior academic performance and professional experience.