Enhance your practice with a higher degree qualification
The University of Melbourne is now offering 100% online courses in sports medicine, sports rehabilitation and rehabilitation science. These courses are designed and taught by experts in the field and provide the ability to choose from a range of subjects to suit your current practice and career aspirations. You will enhance your career with a best-practice, cutting-edge and interdisciplinary qualification and study alongside an international network of passionate health professionals.
Download course guide
To learn more about the course structure, subjects, and fees, submit your details below
Why study online with us?
Taught by highly regarded experts
Dedicated student support
Australia’s leading university
Flexibility and choice
Interactive learning environment
A network of international and interprofessional peers
Become a leader in sports medicine
- Contribute to the success of athletes and sports people of all ages and abilities
- Drive the advancement of sports performance and injury management
- Develop networks with internationally recognised experts and academics.
The Sports Medicine suite of courses is offered to doctors, physiotherapists, and podiatrists with a minimum of three-years relevant sports medicine clinical experience. These courses set you up for a profession that focuses on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of injuries related to athletic activities. Designed for individuals who are passionate about excellence in sports performance and want to work with athletes and sporting organisations worldwide.
Lead in sports rehabilitation
- Enhance and drive best performance from teams and individuals
- Become an expert in injury prevention and exercise prescription
- Develop the skills to work in both clinical and sports-based environments.
The Master of Sports Rehabilitation is specifically designed for Exercise Science graduates who have a minimum of three-years relevant sports injury prevention and management experience. It includes a pathway through a Graduate Certificate in Sports Medicine.
Develop your expertise in rehabilitation science
- Develop your professional practice using the latest research-led knowledge
- Build your reputation in the field of rehabilitation and health promotion
- Network with international and interprofessional peers and leading academics.
The Rehabilitation Science suite of courses are designed for qualified health professionals who are looking to deepen their expertise in the area of physical rehabilitation and health promotion, and better support people recovering from injury or illness.
Ready to apply?
- Master of Sports Medicine
- Graduate Diploma in Sports Medicine
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Medicine
- Master of Rehabilitation Science
- Graduate Diploma in Rehabilitation Science
- Graduate Certificate in Rehabilitation Science
Please register your interest and download a course guide and we will notify you by email when applications are open.*Single subject study is also available.
Term Applications close Term dates Term 1, 2019 14 Jan 28 Jan - 31 Mar Term 3, 2019 1 Jul 15 Jul - 15 Sep
View Key Dates for further important dates and deadlines.
Please note: Sports Medicine and Sports Rehabilitation have intakes in Term 1 and Term 3 only.
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm
Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm | AEST/AEDT