Advanced Social Work and Health and Human Services
Be a leading voice for social change
- Have a broader impact on the health of individuals and society
- Develop leadership skills and connections in the health and community services sector
- Shape the course to suit your area of interest or expertise.
According to projections, the health and community services sector will grow more rapidly than any other in the next five years*.
The University of Melbourne offers three online graduate programs in the field of health and community services for individuals who want to change things for the better, the lives of the individuals they work with, and society more broadly.
These courses address the complex and growing challenges faced by health and community services professionals working in a range of health, mental health and human services fields.
The Advanced Social Work program
Open to current practising social workers, the Advanced Social Work program is for practitioners seeking to acquire higher order skills relevant to social work practice and social policy. Please keep in mind that this is not a qualifying Social Work degree.
The Health and Human Services program
If you work in the health, mental health and human service fields, for example as a counsellor, psychologist, nurse, therapist or any role that gives you the opportunity to care for people in need, a graduate qualification in health and human services will help you broaden your knowledge and become an expert in your field.
The Implementation Science program
Developed by the University of Melbourne and the Centre for Evidence and Implementation, the Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science is for human service professionals who want to gain specialist implementation science knowledge that they can apply directly to their professional practice. Please note, this course is not available to commence study in Term 2, 2017.
* Australian Government, Department of Employment, 2016 Industry Employment Projections Report.
Why study online with us?
Taught by highly regarded experts
Dedicated student support
Australia’s leading university
Flexibility and choice
Interactive learning environment
A network of high-achieving peers
Download course guide
To learn more about the course structure, subjects, and fees, submit your details below
Ready to apply?
Advanced Social Work
- Master of Advanced Social Work
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work
- Specialist Certificate in Advanced Social Work
Health and Human Services
- Master of Health and Human Services
- Graduate Certificate in Health and Human Services
- Specialist Certificate in Health and Human Services
|Term||Applications close||Term starts|
|Term 4, 2017||20 August||2 October|
|Term 1, 2018||11 December, 2017||29 January, 2018|
9am - 5pm AEST Mon - Fri