Be a leading voice for social change
- Have a broader impact on the health of individuals and society
- Develop leadership skills and connections in the health and community services sector
- Shape the course to suit your area of interest or expertise.
Download course guide
To learn more about the course structure, subjects, and fees of the Advanced Social Work and Health and Human Services programs, submit your details below
Term Applications close Term dates Term 2, 2018 2 April 23 Apr - 24 Jun Term 3, 2018 2 July 16 Jul - 16 Sep Term 4, 2018 24 Sept 8 Oct - 9 Dec
Term Applications close Term dates Term 1, 2019 14 Jan 28 Jan - 31 Mar Term 2, 2019 8 Apr 22 Apr - 23 Jun Term 3, 2019 1 Jul 15 Jul - 15 Sep Term 4, 2019 23 Sep 7 Oct - 8 Dec
View Key Dates for further important dates and deadlines.
According to projections, the health and community services sector will grow more rapidly than any other in the next five years*. As a result, the University of Melbourne has designed a suite of online courses in the field of health and community services for individuals who want to change things for the better, the lives of the individuals they work with, and society more broadly.
The Advanced Social Work program is open to current practising social workers who are seeking to acquire higher order skills relevant to social work practice and social policy; and the Health and Human Services program is for those working in the health, mental health, and human services fields, who want to broaden their knowledge and become a leader in the field. The Specialist Certificate in Implementation Science is also available (January and July intakes only) which provides specialist implementation science knowledge that you can apply directly to your professional practice.
Youth mental health and suicide prevention suite
Developed in collaboration with Orygen, the University also offers a suite of online courses designed to equip health and community service professionals with the latest theory, research and evidence tailored to enhance their capacity when working with young people experiencing mental ill-health and suicide-related behaviours:
These courses are:
- Master in Youth Mental Health
- Graduate Certificate in Managing Early Psychosis
- Graduate Certificate in Youth Self Harm and Suicide
Interested in undertaking a face-to-face course for professional development?
Explore our range of award and short courses designed to enhance your knowledge and practice across the areas of client approaches, palliative care, offender management, and leadership. Learn more
* Australian Government, Department of Employment, 2016 Industry Employment Projections Report.
Ready to apply?
Advanced Social Work
- Master of Advanced Social Work
- Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work
- Specialist Certificate in Advanced Social Work
Health and Human Services
- Master of Health and Human Services
- Graduate Certificate in Health and Human Services
- Specialist Certificate in Health and Human Services
Youth Mental Health*
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm
Weekends and University of Melbourne observed Public Holidays 10am to 5pm | AEST/AEDT