- Enhance your expertise in ageing that you can apply directly to your work
- Design your study according to your professional development goals
- Learn from leading experts across public health, economics and government, and business and access career opportunities through our extensive Industry Network
- Study part time, 100% online with Australia’s no. 1 university*.
Are you looking for a career change or to enhance your professional expertise in ageing?
Designed for those working in public health, community services, health, government, and social work, the ageing suite of courses and subjects will equip you with knowledge on the trends, issues and challenges faced by communities, organisations, businesses and governments, and give you the skills that you can apply towards better outcomes for ageing populations.
As a student, you can undertake a specialist certificate (two subjects), a graduate certificate (four subjects) or single subject study. You can select from a range of subjects including:
- Ethics of Ageing - This subject provides an overview of some of the key ethical issues associated with ageing across the lifespan, with an emphasis on the societal dimensions and implications for policy and professional practice
- Body of Ageing - Focus on how the body and its systems are affected by ageing and explore the differences between the natural ageing process and physical changes that develop as a result of illness in older people
- Ageing, Health & Human Services - Explore the interface of policy and practice in the delivery of aged care services
- Mental Health and Ageing - Explore the implications of mental health and ageing from a range of bio-medical and social perspectives
- End of Life Issues - Examine end of life issues in a variety of contexts, such as in private homes, hospitals, hospices and residential care facilities, and consider their implications for individuals; families and friends; clinicians and health professionals; carers; and policy makers
- Shifting Paradigms in Ageing - This subject is designed to produce leaders in the field of ageing who are able to develop new approaches and policies to help address the profound societal changes that are in progress.
You also may be eligible for FEE-HELP which means you don’t have to pay upfront; alternatively, you can speak with your organisation to see if they’re willing to support you with this professional development.
To learn more about the other subjects you can study, download a course guide today.
*Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2015-2016
Why study Ageing in Society?
Download course guide
To learn more about the course structure, subjects, and fees, submit your details below
Ready to apply?
|Term||Applications close||Term starts|
|Term 1, 2018||15 January, 2018||29 January, 2018|
|Term 2, 2018||2 April, 2018||23 April, 2018|
Why study online with us?
Taught by highly regarded experts
Dedicated student support
Australia’s leading university
Flexibility and choice
Interactive learning environment
A network of high-achieving peers
Monday to Friday 8am to 9pm
Weekends 10am to 5pm | AEST/AEDT