Access the latest evidence-based research, developed in collaboration with leading industry organisations.
Be a leading voice for lasting and meaningful social change
- Positively impact individuals, families and communities.
- Develop leadership skills and connections in the health and community services sector.
- Shape the course to suit your area of interest or expertise.
Advanced Social Work program
Our Advanced Social Work program has been developed to meet the growth of the health and community services sector, which is predicted to expand more rapidly than any other in the next five years.*
Designed for practising social workers, the program will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of policy and research within this field. You will address the complex and growing challenges faced by social workers in the field today so that you can improve your practice and have a broader impact on the health of individuals and society.
As a student of this unique course you will
- Gain a deep understanding of policy and practice with a research project to explore your area of interest or specialisation.
- Learn from leading academics and industry experts via flexible online study that fits your busy schedule.
- Customise your qualification to suit your practice with a diverse range of subjects, some of which are not available anywhere else in Australia.
While studying the Advanced Social Work program you are offered a choice of exit pathways. This means you can choose to finish with either a Graduate Certificate in Advanced Social Work, a Specialist Certificate in Advanced Social Work, or progress to a Master of Advanced Social Work.
*Australian Government, Department of Employment, 2016 Industry Employment Projections Report