In order to be considered for entry, you are required to have:
- An undergraduate degree in an IT-related discipline with a weighted average mark of at least H2B (70%) in the final year of study or equivalent.
- At least 5 years (preferably 10 years) of documented work experience in information systems-related work demonstrating a strong record of professional achievement and clear leadership potential; and
- A personal statement relating your goals and how you see the program contributing to your ability to meet your goals; and
- One professional and/or employer referee report in the context of information systems-related work, which must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Meeting these requirements makes you eligible for selection but does not guarantee selection.
In ranking applications, the Selection Committee will consider:
- Prior academic performance; and
- Professional work experience, and
- Personal statement, and
- The referee report;
- And short-listed applicants may be asked to attend an interview.
All applicants are required to provide a current curriculum vitae describing their work experience and tertiary and other qualifications, as a supplement to transcripts.
The Selection Committee may seek further information to clarify any aspect of an application in accordance with the Student Application and Selection Procedure.
Applicants are required to satisfy the university’s English language requirements for graduate courses. For those applicants seeking to meet these requirements by one of the standard tests approved by the Academic Board, performance band 6.5 is required.
The interview for short-listed applicants is for obtaining information on the following matters:
- Standard of academic record;
- Nature and length of employment experience;
- Achievements subsequent to graduation;
- Reasons for seeking admission;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- Maturity and motivation.
International and interstate applicants may be interviewed by telephone, or electronically.
Students taking the course from overseas are not required to have an international student visa.
Most courses have multiple intakes per year. Check the dates of upcoming terms.
Discuss your eligibility
Speak with a dedicated online student support consultant to clarify any questions about entry requirements, including prior academic performance and professional experience.