Book individual counselling sessions
The Counselling and Psychological Services at the University offer free counselling to students.
- If you are located in Melbourne, you can visit the counselling services office or call the service at +61 3 8344 6927 to book an appointment for a face-to-face session. The individual counselling resource includes useful information on drop-in appointments, waiting times and what you can expect when you attend a session.
- If you are not located in Melbourne or can't get to the campus, your support consultant can liaise with the counselling services and book an online one-on-one appointment for you. The online consultation can be arranged through Zoom, a video conferencing service that provides free sign up and easy access.
- If you wish to book an online or phone consultation yourself, you can call the counselling service reception desk on +61 3 8344 6927 and request to speak with Kirk, Allison and Paul. They will ascertain your requirements and make arrangements depending on the time difference and urgency of the matter you'd like to discuss.
Other useful resources
- The comments from our clients page can help you learn from the experience of those who used the service and confirm its suitability for you.
- The cross cultural counselling information page can be of help if you wish to request services from counselling staff members with specific background or area of expertise.
- The while you are waiting for your appointment resource can offer you some useful tips on managing your anxiety in the period between your booking and appointment.
- The referring people for counselling resource offers advice on how you can help and refer a friend, family member or associate in distress to Counselling and Psychological Services.