- Meet our students
Read why students choose Tertiary Education Management and how they're applying their learning.
- Sign up to the course updates and download a course guide
We will keep you updated on key dates, application deadlines and online information sessions.
enter your details
|Full-time duration||Part-time duration||Core subjects||Elective Subjects||Next semester starts||Total course fee|
|N/A||1 year||1||2||2 Oct 2017||A$14,000|
The Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Research Mgmt and Policy) will provide you with specialised knowledge and skills in leading and managing research in tertiary sector institutions.
If you are looking to enhance your capabilities in the area of research management and policy, then this course is for you.
By successfully completing this course you also may be eligible for credit toward the Master of Tertiary Education (Management).
We’ve designed this course to help current and aspiring leaders gain more confidence and expertise in the area of research management and policy planning. With input from tertiary sector leaders, the course offers insights on trends and challenges in research management and policy making in a global context.
Who the course is for
This course is designed for administrators, policy makers and managers working in universities and vocational education and training institutions or similar. They include, but are not limited to, those in roles such as:
- Research managers and administrators in universities
- Research policy advisors in universities and government departments.
The course will provide you with advanced skills and knowledge in research management and policy, to effectively influence and implement research policies and processes within your institution. This course will advance your career progression in the field of research management.
What you will learn
- Insights on contexts, trends and challenges in research management and policy making
Insights on contexts, trends and challenges in
research management and policy making
You’ll gain well-informed perspectives from tertiary sector leaders and expert scholars on the challenges faced by research and policy makers around the world.
- Acquire a repertoire of skills and strategies for leading and managing research within the tertiary education context
Acquire a repertoire of skills and strategies for leading and managing research
within the tertiary education context
You’ll be able to apply new research management policies and processes immediately in your workplace.
- Assess the implications of policy change or market developments for effective institutional management
Assess the implications of policy change or market developments
for effective institutional management
You’ll learn to confidently and effectively lead people, influence policy, plan strategy and manage change projects in the tertiary education context.
Who you will learn from
Your online learning experience is enriched by interaction with lecturers and your fellow classmates. You can expect input and feedback from your lecturers and tutors as well as regular real-time sessions where you speak with the instructor and fellow students.
Find out more about the University of Melbourne online learning experience.
- Professor Leo Goedegebuure, Director, LH Martin Institute
- Professor Merle Jacob, Director, Research Policy Institute, Lund University, Sweden and Lecturer
- Professor Lynn Meek, Foundation Director, LH Martin Institute and Lecturer
- Professor Jeanette Baird, Vice-President, Quality Assurance and Strategic Planning, Divine Word University, Papua New Guinea and former Executive Director, Regulation and Review, Australian Tertiary Education Quality Standards Agency and Lecturer (TEQSA)
- Mr Dennis Murray, Director, Murray-Goold International and Lecturer
- Dr Heather Davis, Tertiary Education Management Program Director, LH Martin Institute and Senior Lecturer, University of Melbourne.
- Dr Geoff Sharrock, Program Director, LH Martin Institute and Senior Lecturer, University of Melbourne.
- Dr Chinh Nguyen, Academic Programs Support Officer, LH Martin Institute.
Contact student support
You can talk with a dedicated online student support consultant via the chat function at the bottom right of this page or connect through by phone. Alternatively, click on the Enquire Now tab below and fill out the form to find out about key details relating to this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment required for each subject
- Fees and payment options.