- Meet our students
Read why students choose Tertiary Education Management and how they're applying their learning.
- Sign up to the course updates and download a course guide
We will keep you updated on key dates, application deadlines and online information sessions.
enter your details
|Full-time duration||Part-time duration||Core subjects||Elective Subjects||Next semester starts||Applications close||Total course fee*|
|N/A||1 year||3||1||23 April 2018||2 April 2018||A$14,560|
*The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5 per cent per annum.
The Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (Quality Assurance) offers expert perspectives from leading academics on quality assurance (QA) issues, policies, national systems and institutional approaches in tertiary education contexts, drawn from the latest evidence-based research.
If you want to extend your knowledge and skills in tertiary education quality assurance and advance your career, then this course is for you.
By successfully completing this course you also may be eligible for credit toward the Master of Tertiary Education (Management).
We’ve designed this course to equip quality assurance professionals with the insights and perspectives on QA systems, approaches and challenges in tertiary education contexts.
The course aims to provide concepts, knowledge of new frameworks and practical skills for leading and managing quality assurance processes in tertiary education settings.
Who the course is for
This course is designed for quality assurance professionals within the tertiary education sector including:
- Staff of tertiary education institutions responsible for quality assurance
- Trustees or governors of tertiary education institutions that are establishing or improving their quality assurance systems or needing to understand systems of external quality assurance and accreditation
- Those employed by existing or emerging external quality agencies and require education in the basic structures and implications of quality assurance
- Board or commission members of external quality agencies
- Evaluators or reviewers associated with external quality agencies.
Whether you want to advance your career in quality assurance or take the leap into a QA role this course will help you elevate your career.
What you will learn
Acquired insights and perspectives on quality assurance systems, approaches and challenges in tertiary education contexts
Acquired insights and perspectives on quality assurance systems,
approaches and challenges in tertiary education contexts
You will gain comprehensive knowledge of theoretical concepts of quality and quality assurance that you can apply immediately to your workplace.
An understanding of the social, political, economic and technological changes that are driving the quality agenda in tertiary education
An understanding of the social, political, economic and technological
changes that are driving the quality agenda in tertiary education
You’ll learn to identify the strengths and weaknesses of different governance and funding arrangements, and organisational structures and processes of external QA agencies; and learn to recognise and understand the resources and operating policies required to fulfill the role.
Developed skills and strategies to enable you to lead in this sector
Developed skills and strategies to enable you to
lead in this sector
You will obtain a comprehensive set of skills that will allow you to manage quality assurance processes in tertiary education settings.
Who you will learn from
Your online learning experience is enriched by interaction with lecturers and your fellow classmates. You can expect input and feedback from your lecturers and tutors as well as regular real-time sessions where you speak with the instructor and fellow students.
Find out more about the University of Melbourne online learning experience.
- Professor Leo Goedegebuure, Director, LH Martin Institute
- Professor Merle Jacob, Director, Research Policy Institute, Lund University, Sweden and Lecturer
- Professor Lynn Meek, Foundation Director, LH Martin Institute and Lecturer
- Professor Jeanette Baird, Technical Advisor to the Department of Higher Education, Research, Science and Technology in Papua New Guinea and Lecturer
- Mr Dennis Murray, Director, Murray-Goold International and Lecturer
- Dr Heather Davis, Tertiary Education Management Program Director, LH Martin Institute and Senior Lecturer, University of Melbourne.
- Dr Chinh Nguyen, Academic Programs Support Officer, LH Martin Institute.
- Associate Professor Ruth Schubert, Associate Director, LH Martin Institute.
Contact student support
You can talk with a dedicated online student support consultant via the chat function at the bottom right of this page or connect through by phone. Alternatively, click on the Enquire Now tab below and fill out the form to find out about key details relating to this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment required for each subject
- Fees and payment options.