Build the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in this fast-growing sector.
Population ageing is a global megatrend having a diverse and far-reaching impact on all of society. The demand for people with the skills and knowledge to respond to the complexities of the global ageing phenomenon is high, and the career opportunities huge and varied.
Our exciting program in gerontology is the first of its kind and draws from disciplines spanning public health, social work, architectural and urban design, economics and technology. Designed to meet the escalating market demand for skilled and knowledgeable leaders, innovators and practitioners, you'll gain a broad understanding of ageing as a social, physical and psychological experience, along with practical, industry-relevant skills to succeed in this fast-growing sector.
If you’re looking to specialise in gerontology and build a career in this expanding field, or you want to formalise existing knowledge, then these courses are for you. Whether you're a policy professional or registered nurse, working in physiotherapy or human services, our interdisciplinary programs are for a wide range of professionals.
This is a highly flexible online program, with the option of part-time study. You can select from a broad range of subjects, and study to the level that suits you.
Compare course options
|Course name||Full-time duration||Part-time*||Points||Total course fee**||Intakes***||Ready to apply?|
|Graduate Certificate in Gerontology||6 months||1 year||50||AUD$13,888||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Gerontology||3 months||6 months||25||AUD$6,944||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
*Part-time duration is calculated on the basis of studying one subject per term.
**The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5 per cent per annum. More information about fees.
***View key dates for further important dates and deadlines.
Fees and payments
- Tuition fees are charged yearly and you pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given study period.
- Course fees are the same for both domestic and international students.
- If you're enrolled as an Australian fee paying student, you can pay your course fees up front when you enrol or defer part or all payment through FEE-HELP, a loan scheme that helps eligible students pay all or part of your tuition fees.
Discuss your path
Talk with a dedicated student support consultant to understand more about this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment for subjects
- Fees and payment options.
Speak with a dedicated student support consultant.
Five reasons to study online
- Take classes from anywhere in the world
- Just as real as a bricks and mortar school
- Access the best minds
- Learn from diverse perspectives
- You’ll never feel alone – there’s always support.