New thinkers for a complex future.
Designed to produce leaders, the Ageing in Society program will give you the knowledge and skills to develop new approaches and policies in the rapidly expanding ageing sector.
Given the complexity of this field and its relevance to all populations, this is the first program of its kind that brings together academics from multiple disciplines, including public health, medicine, architecture and design, engineering, business and economics, government, and the arts.
This program is for those looking to build a career specialising in this fast-growing sector and will be particularly relevant if you are a policy and planning professional, entrepreneur, manager, healthcare professional, or someone already working with ageing populations and workforces.
You can progress from the Specialist Certificate to the Graduate Certificate and finally the Master of Ageing, or apply directly to the Graduate Certificate and Master awards.
Compare course options
|Course name||Full-time duration||Part-time*||Total course fee**||Intakes***||Ready to apply?|
|Master of Ageing||1.5 years||3 years||AUD$42,358||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Graduate Diploma in Ageing||1 year||2 years||AUD$27,776||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Graduate Certificate in Ageing||6 months||1 year||AUD$13,888||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
|Specialist Certificate in Ageing||3 months||6 months||AUD$6,944||January, April, July, October||Apply now|
*Part-time duration is calculated on the basis of studying one subject per term.
**The University reviews fees annually. The indicative total course fee is based on typical subject enrolments, and includes an indexation of 5 per cent per annum. More information about fees.
***View key dates for further important dates and deadlines.
Fees and payments
- Tuition fees are charged yearly and you pay tuition fees according to your specific enrolment in any given study period.
- Course fees are the same for both domestic and international students.
- If you're enrolled as an Australian fee paying student, you can pay your course fees up front when you enrol or defer part or all payment through FEE-HELP, a loan scheme that helps eligible students pay all or part of your tuition fees.
Discuss your path
Talk with a dedicated student support consultant to understand more about this program, including:
- Entry requirements
- Time commitment for subjects
- Fees and payment options.
Five reasons to study online
- Take classes from anywhere in the world
- Just as real as a bricks and mortar school
- Access the best minds
- Learn from diverse perspectives
- You’ll never feel alone – there’s always support.